Friday, June 25, 2010

My Muses: Part 2

*Day 17* I'm blogging everyday till VidCon! What is VidCon? Check it out at www.VidCon2010.com

I'm starting to run out of things to talk about. So today we'll finish up talking about some of the people who inspire me.

Next up on my list is the lovely TARINA TARANTINO:



Tarina started off her career as a model. Later she worked as a make-up artist. She made fun and sparkly jewelry for herself in her spare time that other girls would ask to buy off her, even when she was just walking down the street. Her husband noticed that she would always come home without any jewelry because people were always buying it up so he suggested that she should start her own business. She did and now her brand name is HUGE! You can check out her beautiful creations at www.TARINATARANTINO.COM.

Moving on....




This is Raquel Reed. She is an alternative model but she also has a day job working as a make-up artist at a MAC store in New York. She has recently started making music too. I admire her for her creativity with make-up and the crazy outfits that she wears.

The next person I want to talk about is someone that I am no longer a fan of, but he was the first person who inspired me to have the confidence to take risks with my make-up.



This is Jeffree Star, if you didn't already recognize him. He is one of the more original "internet celebrities". I first saw his pictures in 2007 when I noticed him on AFI's top friends list on Myspace. He is a genius with make-up, there is no doubt about that. In the beginning, his attitude and confidence just inspired me to be a stronger and more assertive person and to not be afraid to try new things. For that I am thankful to him, but over the years I watched from the internet as he exploited his friends and constantly acted like he was back in highschool. I offically decided to stop supporting him in any way back in 2008 when I happened to comment on a photo of him that I thought he looked better with pink hair than blonde hair. Apparantly he was offended somehow and he wrote me back calling me a bitch and "unfriended" me from Myspace, so that was the end of that.

Another colorful guy that I have followed and been inspired by is this blue-haired boy:



His name is kaiden Blake. He is a model and has worked a lot with Audrey Kitching and Clint Catalyst (the two people I talked about in my first blog about "muses"). I like Kaiden more because he really seems to treat his internet fans like family. He found me on Skype one day and that sort of blew me away. He is a really normal person, just trying to figure life out like the rest of us.

I wish I could go on and on about the people who inspire me, but I will leave off with this last one.




Her name is Hanna Beth. She is also a model. I wish I had hair just like hers. I think she is beautiful. I love her as a model, I think her pictures are just wonderful to look at. She is also a very real person despite having a more glamorous job. She is very family oriented and I like that about her.

So there you go, this is a pretty good list of the people who inspire me. Like I said, most of them are models, so I mainly look to them for fashion and make-up inspiration and sometimes photography inspiration as well. However, all of these people are constantly working on side projects, they are always being creative and that just inspires me to keep being creative too. Way back in 2007 (when I first came across most of these people) I was very undisciplined and I had lost my confidence and ambition to be creative, sometimes to even get out of bed. Everyday when I would wake up, I would think of these people and tell myself that none of these people would be who they are today if they didn't get out of bed in the mornings. So, ya. There might be better role models in the world, but these are the people who gave me the courage and inspiration to be who I am today.

So who inspires you? Tell me about it in the comments, and goodbye till tomorrow. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Jeffree Star sounds like a douche. No one calls my girl Heather a bitch. Grr. I really love Emma Watson when she does modelling work. She has the hair I want and she looks good in practically anything. She always looks sophisticated:

    http://emmawatsonupdates.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/emma-watson-1.jpg
    http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/64838/normal_In_Style_4.jpg
    http://emmawatsonupdates.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/emma-watson4.jpg

    ReplyDelete